Teens are posting videos and pictures of themselves consuming laundry detergent in the form of tide pods on social media sites.
The young people pop and chew the small laundry detergent pods, which results in them gagging, notes “CBS This Morning.”
Some kids actually try “cooking” the pods by pan frying.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission warns people not to ingest laundry detergent, which can be a deadly risk. Ten deaths have been linked to ingesting the pods.
Swallowing the detergent can lead to diarrhea, vomiting, difficulty breathing and death.
The Poison Control Center advises people to drink a full glass of water or milk if a pod is ingested, contact a doctor immediately and not to force vomiting.
(Sources: CBS This Morning/YouTube)