Newt Gingrich Demands Obama Agree With Him

At a campaign event in Bluffton, South Carolina Tuesday, Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich called on President Obama to “repudiate the concept of the 99 and the 1.”

Gingrich was referring to the Occupy movement’s opposition to the massive income inequality between the wealthiest 1 percent of Americans and the other 99 percent, which is a statistical reality.

“When I am president, I will be president of all the American people, not part of the American people,” the former House Speaker declared. “And I will seek to unify the American people, not divide them against each other.”

Gingrich, who wants to unify people, recently yelled at demonstrators to “[g]o get a job right after you take a bath.” He has also taunted protesters who interrupted one of his Florida rallies, saying that “there is no such thing in America as 99 percent.”

The president, on the other hand, was a little more patient with the protesters who interrupted his speech in New Hampshire last week.

“[F]amilies like yours, young people like the ones here today — including the ones who were just chanting at me — you’re the reason that I ran for office in the first place,” Obama told them.

About The Author

You might be interested in


Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Get The Latest News Videos Before Everyone Else!

Get The Latest News Videos Before Everyone Else!

Subscribe to our Newsletter for Free (Really!)

You have Successfully Subscribed!