President Donald Trump has reportedly questioned the authenticity of the “Access Hollywood” tape in which he said he could grab women’s vaginas without consent (videos below).
The New York Times reported: “He suggested to a senator earlier this year that it was not authentic, and repeated that claim to an adviser more recently.”
“Access Hollywood” host Natalie Morales addressed the report on Nov. 27
We wanted to clear something up that has been reported across the media landscape… Let us make this perfectly clear — the tape is very real. Remember, his excuse at the time was “locker-room talk.” He said every one of those words.
New York Times reporter Maggie Haberman told CNN on Nov. 27 that “another person close to” Trump told her that Trump questioned the tape’s authenticity yet again (video below):
He has said, he’s not really sure that was him. What he said to this senator earlier this year — it was in January — was that he was looking into hiring people to ascertain whether it was his voice, that he and his people didn’t think it was his voice, and that has tended to be what he has honed in on.
That same day, White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders dodged questions about Trump and the tape (video below).
She falsely claimed it had been “litigated” and changed the topic to Trump’s election:
The president addressed this, uhh, this was litigated and certainly answered during the election by the overwhelming support for the president and the fact that he’s sitting here in the Oval Office today.